Saturday, October 30, 2010

Labour Begins

I was going to be very prepared for the labour and delivery of my first child. I was planning to take a month off of work prior to the due date and during that time I would get the nursery set-up, prepare my bags for the hospital, and read everything I could about how to be a parent. Never would I have guessed that prior to my prenatal classes even being done, I would be in the position that I was.

As I'm sure is the case with everyone, you can't imagine what delivering a baby is going to be like. I didn't know if I would scream, pass out, cry, or be relatively okay during the process. I was pretty sure I would get an epidural but even that was thrown out the window knowing my baby was going to be much smaller than I had expected. I had so many questions but did not know what or who to ask. As I lay on a hospital bed in an unfamiliar city wearing nothing but a pale blue gown, I felt completely unprepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment