Monday, November 15, 2010

Parking

I got up the first morning back home and went through the motions to start my day- breakfast, shower, change. I threw some snacks, a water bottle, and a book in a bag and went out to the car. I planned to arrive at the NICU just after morning shift change as I wouldn't be allowed in otherwise.

I raced to the hospital, anxious to see my little guy. I was especially worried after being told that he may take a step or two back because of the transfer. I arrived and parked in one of the longer term parking areas. I went up to get a ticket to put on my car and stared at the choices. Do I get an hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly pass. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before punching in for a monthly ticket. This would be our goal I was thinking, to get the little guy out of here by the time this parking pass expires.

No comments:

Post a Comment